The customer is a leading provider of managed IT solutions and business process outsourcing services in Canada. As a leader in the market, they were tasked with managing millions of dollars of client IT inventory, including telecom. They had in place IT asset management software that helped them identify inventory allocation and cope with ticket requests.
- The IT Asset management software did not adequately track service and option charges related to telecom invoices.
- Resources were rarely available to validate the details of the invoices
- Invoices from carriers were being received and manually re-invoiced in excel due to their client’s reporting requirements.
- There was no recurring optimization and the Company customers were looking for ongoing ROI.
- Multiple vendor processes and invoice formats made the work specialized and difficult to transfer to new employees and employee turnover / retraining cost was very high.
- Deployed Etelesolv’s Telemanager platform.
- Centralized all telecom inventory into Telemanager.
- Streamlined all moves, adds, changes, and deletes into Telemanager.
- Integrated employee file feeds into Telemanager.
- Setup automated accounts payable / chargeback files for Company ERP system.
- Created monthly end-user visibility of all costs that reduced usage by 22%.
- Improved identification of billing discrepancies from months to minutes.
- Identified 12% in global cost savings, representing millions of dollars in recurring costs.
- Automated manual tasks, equivalent of 3 full-time employees.
- Identified hundreds of services with zero usage, and disconnected them.
- Identified hundreds of services charged to the wrong cost center.
After 3 years of using Telemanager, the effectiveness of having a reliable and repeatable process for all telecom expense and asset management functions has proven to be a huge benefit for the Company and their own client satisfaction.
For more information: Upland Software
This case study is provided by an ETMA member company, which is solely responsible for the content.